Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fried food galore

Last weekend was the end of NC State Fair. I was mostly excited to see what fried food madness NC had to offer and didn't really care about rest of the fair. I was surprised to see the huge fairground. There were multiple tents that showcased different vendors (yay free samples!). I thought LA County Fair was a decent size, but State Fair took it to another level (or maybe I was just so overwhelmed). I didn't get to see much since I was volunteering at a local Oktoberfest 8K run in the afterrnon and didn't get to the fairground until almost 7pm. I still managed to sabotage my diet somehow...

My roommate got deep fried reese's peanut buttercups

She also got deep fried cookie dough. Everyone really liked it, but I wasn't really a fan...
I got some fried pickles! There's a little kick at the end, so that was good, but it would have been so much better if they were freshly fried.


Fried Cheese had one of the longest lines. Looking at the pictures make my arteries cry...

More Deep Fried Goodies


You know you are in the South...

I REALLY wanted to try this... but I was too self-conscious and didn't want to scare my new friends away after having deep fried pickles and cheese. 

Ribbon fries with cheese and hot sauce. I guess this is a thing here in NC. I saw this at BugFest too. 

Let's fried EVERYTHING!

They also had a lot of interesting funnel cake flavors like pumpkin and red velvet. It was an eye opening experience. I just wish all the fair food could be freshly fried when you order...

The fair had a wide varieties of events/offers. Throughout the day, there was pig racing, which I got to watch from the side and made me feel like I was in Here Comes Honey Boo Boo... They also had 2 CAMELS at the petting zoo! These were just the parts that I saw. Each night, there was also a good solid 10-minute firework. I was definitely blown away! 
So if any of you are considering ever visiting, October would probably be a good time! 

2 comments:

  1. you wanted to try deep fried pizza or elephant ears? i had elephant ears for the first time over the summer. sooo good.
    if you're talking about the pizza, omg, heart attack.

    i seriously cannot believe you ate all that. i went ot the fair this summer and just the smell of all the fried food was making me sick.

    you're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only bought pickles and fried cheese. All the other ones were what my friends got, and I just tried a little bit of everything!

      I am so jealous that you had elephant ears! I am definitely have to try that... next year.
      Something to look forward to I guess? ha

      Delete