Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dear Grandma

I woke up from a dream crying this morning. The warmth from that wrinkled yet soft hand still lingered as I lay there wishing I hadn't woken up. It felt so real.
I miss those hands. The pair that do magic to food that made me never want to eat out. The pair that took care of all my needs whether it's 1 P.M. or 1 A.M. The pair  that took me home after my dance shows. The pair that always cleaned up my mess. The pair that always hold me when crossing the street. The pair that hold on to me for support when ill.

Every time I think of my grandma, I don't just miss her I also feel guilty. She has done so much for every single one of us. She always put others before herself. I wish I could have been more selfless and spent more time with her when I had the chance. If she could endure long hours of flying just to visit us, then why couldn't I leave more time to be with her? I wasn't there when she needed me.

In my dream, I could not do anything but cry. As always, she was the one taking care of me. Never the other way around. I wanted to tell her what we are doing now and how we will make her proud, but I could not say even one word.




No comments:

Post a Comment