Sunday, September 16, 2012

1 Month Report

Originally I was planning on going to the Greek Festival hosted by one of the Greek Orthodox church this weekend for some long-overdue legit food. I have been so deprived of good food lately. I even dreamed about being at Reb's house and getting plates and plates of delicious homemade dishes from Mama Lin. Then I learned that SparkCon is this week, and without a second thought I asked my friend if he would be interested in going to sparkcon instead of Greek Festival. So, on saturday morning I drove to downtown and found street parking (!!! unheard of. haha)

Downtown Raleigh is really pretty during the day when you can actually see the buildings. I felt that I could actually like it. My friend didn't show up until 40 minutes later, so I ended up walking around by myself. This is most definitely one the things I miss about  home - not being alone. Good thing that it was really interesting and things got busy pretty quickly.


Before I die I want to... wall (started at New Orleans)
I took me so long to come up with something. What do you want to accomplish before you die?


I am guilty, I drove... But there is no way that I am about to spend half an hour one way 
(not including waiting time).


Shameless JLo asked a stranger to take photos for her
Wish I wore a romper instead of a dress though, then I could have hung (hanged) upside down!

I really should give North Carolina/Raleigh more credits. It's not a boring city at all. It has history, though not a very glorious one but interesting nonetheless. There are plenty of things to do around the city if only one knows where to look. All the museumes (except one that's privately own) are FREE to public; there are at least 3 events (that I know of)  this weekend; concerts, ballet, symphonies and whole lots of things happening all the time. 
I just need someone to share the city with me (and take pretentious photos of me!)...

Happy Sunday! (NOT... school is so hard D:
-J

p.s. when I was walking around in dtRaleigh, these two artsy girl asked if they can take photos of me/my outfit! I was flattered to say the least!

3 comments:

  1. Omg you must have lovvved the mini photoshoot from the strangers haha. So flattering!
    Glad you got to explore more and see a different side to raleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're the sartorialist model of raleigh.

    i just read your two previous blogs and i kind of felt like they were actually like my blog entries. i was going to insert 'lol', but then i realized it wasn't funny...it'll get better! school's a beezy, reporting from the midwest, too. can't wait to skype this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne! I loved reading this entry. So glad you were able to escape school for a while and have some fun in the city! I want to see more pictures of your outfit, especially since you said strangers took pictures of you in it! :) <3

    ReplyDelete